Dukkah is an Egyptian dry mix of roasted nuts, seeds and spices finely ground and blended together. It’s a key item in our new pantry range for sale ONLINE or in our cellar door.
Dukkah is more than just a tricky word to pronounce – it is a versatile addition to your pantry. Here’s what you can do with it:
- Dip it. The simplest way to enjoy dukkah is the way it is traditionally eaten – with fresh bread dunked first in olive oil then in dukkah. Yum!
- Sprinkle some dukkah on pizza dough that has been brushed with a little extra virgin olive oil, bake and serve warm
- Toss through roast or steamed veggies for some extra crunch (pumpkin loves dukkah)
- Use to make a crust on a rack of lamb for roasting
- Add to poached or fried eggs before serving for some breakfast zing
PS – it’s pronounced dook-a!