TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Montalto Sculpture Prize
- The Montalto Sculpture Prize is a $30,000 acquisitive award developed by Montalto owners John and Wendy Mitchell.
- The Pennon Hill people’s choice award, is a non-acquisitive prize of $1,000 made to the artist whose sculpture received the most public votes throughout the exhibition.
- The Family Choice award, is a further non-acquisitive prize of $1,000
- The Montalto Sculpture Prize is acquisitive and the winning work immediately becomes the property of Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove. The judges decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
2. How to enter:
- Each entry must be submitted online using the entry form by midnight Monday 31st October 2016.
- A completed work must have three different images of the work uploaded, each file submitted should be suitable to print hi-resolution at A4 size.
- A proposed work must have a detailed drawing or digital mockup of the proposed work uploaded along with 2 images of previous works, again, each file submitted should be suitable to print hi-resolution at A4 size.
3. The Work Submitted
- A sculpture for the purpose of this award is non site specific and must be suitable for long term exterior placement in a public open place.
- Multiple entries are accepted, please fill out a seperate form for each entry. A $30 (incl GST) entry fee shall be paid for each entry. Only one work per artist will be exhibited.
- Entry fee is non-refundable and contributes to administration.
- All works must be the original work and bonafide property of the artist. The work must have been completed no earlier than 2014.
- If selected, artists agree not to withdraw exhibited work before the close of the Montalto Sculpture Prize on Sunday 29th October 2017.
- Applicants shall allow images of their work and extracts from any statement provided to be reproduced for use in publicity and associated publications.
- All work submitted must be for sale.
- Montalto will retain a commission of 20% of the retail price of works sold and will pay the balance to the artist.
4. Transport & Insurance
- The artist is responsible for transport of the work to and from the exhibition.
- Insurance – Montalto will exercise reasonable care with the works submitted but will not be responsible for loss or damage whatsoever to any work while in its custody, during transit or on exhibition.
- The artist is responsible for maintaining insurance cover for the work.
- The selected artists only whose work has been chosen as a finalist will be notified by email of their success by Wednesday 16th November 2016, and published online.
- The Finalists selected will form the Montalto Sculpture Prize 2017 Finalists exhibition to be held in the grounds of Montalto at 33 Shoreham Road, Red Hill South Victoria from 26th February 2017 closing 29th October 2017.
- Finalists are to install their work at Montalto between Sunday 29th January – Wednesday 1st February 2017. This allows time for groundwork and photography of the works in situ to be used in the exhibition catalogue.
6. Key Dates:
- Midnight 31st October 2016 – entry closes – Finalists notified by 16th November
- Sunday 29th January – Wednesday 1st February 2017. Installation of finalists work
- Sunday 26th February 2017. Exhibition opening. Winner announced.
- Sunday 26th February 2017 – Sunday 29th October 2017. Exhibition to be held in the grounds of Montalto.
7. The Judges for the Montalto Sculpture Prize:
- Guest Judge: Kelly Gellatly, Director, Ian Potter Museum of Art)
- Peter Williams (Williams Boag Architects)
- Brian Sadgrove (Sadgrove Design)
- John Mitchell (Montalto)