TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The 2020 Montalto Sculpture Prize
- The 2020 Montalto Sculpture Prize is a $40,000 acquisitive award developed by Montalto owners John and Wendy Mitchell.
- The Pennon Hill people’s choice award, is a non-acquisitive prize of $1,000 made to the artist whose sculpture received the most public votes throughout the exhibition.
- The Family Choice award, is a further non-acquisitive prize of $1,000
- The Montalto Sculpture Prize is acquisitive and the winning work immediately becomes the property of Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove. The judges decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
2. How to enter:
- Each entry must be submitted online using the entry form by midnight Thursday 31st October 2019.
- A completed work must have three different images of the work uploaded, each file submitted should be suitable to print hi-resolution at A4 size.
- A concept or proposed work must have a detailed drawing or digital mockup of the proposed work uploaded along with 2 images of previous works, again, each file submitted should be suitable to print hi-resolution at A4 size.
3. The Work Submitted:
- A sculpture for the purpose of this award can be non site specific and must be suitable for long term exterior placement in a public open place – the works are exhibited outside for 6months.
- Multiple entries are accepted, please fill out a seperate form for each entry. A $30 (incl GST) entry fee shall be paid for each entry. Only one work per artist will be exhibited.
- Entry fee is non-refundable and contributes to administration.
- All works must be the original work and bonafide property of the artist.
- Collaborative works are accepted, please use one contact person for the group on entry, there is a further information field where the collaboration can be explained in depth.
- The work must have been completed no earlier than 2017.
- If selected, artists agree not to withdraw exhibited work before the close of the Montalto Sculpture Prize on Sunday 30th August 2020.
- Applicants shall allow images of their work and extracts from any statement provided to be reproduced for use in publicity and associated publications.
- All work submitted must be for sale.
- Montalto will retain a commission of 25% of the retail price of works sold and will pay the balance to the artist at the close of the Exhibition.
4. Transport & Insurance:
- The artist is responsible for transport of the work to and from the exhibition.
- Insurance – Insurance cover is limited to public liability insurance & Montalto will exercise reasonable care with the works submitted but will not be responsible for loss or damage whatsoever to any work while in its custody, during transit or on exhibition.
- The artist is responsible for maintaining insurance cover for the work.
- The selected artists only whose work has been chosen as a finalist will be notified by email of their success on Friday 15th November 2019, and published online.
- The Finalists selected will form the Montalto Sculpture Prize 2020 Finalists exhibition, to be held in the grounds of Montalto, at 33 Shoreham Road, Red Hill South Victoria from 23rd February 2020, closing 30th August 2020.
- Finalists are to install their work at Montalto between Wednesday 29th January – Saturday 1st February 2020. Montalto will have Forklift machinery and assistance during this time only. It is important that the artist can install their work by the 1st February 2020 as this only allows 3 weeks for photography of the works in situ, and exhibition catalogue production prior to the opening.
6. Key Dates:
- Midnight 31st October 2019 – entry closes – Finalists notified on 15th November 2019
- Wednesday 29th January 2020 – Saturday 1st February 2020. Installation of finalists work
- Sunday 23rd February 2020. Exhibition opening. Winner announced.
- Sunday 23rd February 2020 – Sunday 30th August 2020. Exhibition to be held in the grounds of Montalto.
7. The Judges for the 2020 Montalto Sculpture Prize:
- Guest Judge – to be announced
- Peter Williams – Williams Boag Architects
- Phillip Doggett-Williams – Artist
- Kelly Gellatly – Ian Potter Museum Of Art
- John Mitchell – Montalto